Davido says Wande Coal asked for his number weeks before their “Come My Way” spat

Davido has revealed that Wande Coal had been trying to reach him weeks before their recent exchange over the unreleased “Come My Way” collaboration.

Speaking during a TV interview shortly after the artists traded words on X, Davido said Wande had asked for his phone number about two weeks earlier. He said he instructed the person who received the request not to share it.

Davido also showed a screenshot of a WhatsApp conversation dated July 22. In the exchange, someone informed him that Wande had been asking for his number and asked whether they should give it to him.

https://x.com/afrobeatshead/status/2089752181922496592?s=46

According to Davido, he declined and said Wande was “acting like a baby.”

The revelation comes after the two artists publicly disagreed over “Come My Way”, a collaboration that gained attention through its unreleased snippet.

Davido previously explained that Wande had contacted him to record a verse for the song, but that he did not agree with the proposed plan to release Wande’s version first and add his contribution later as a remix.

Wande responded that Davido was trying to dictate the release of a song that was not his, adding that the song had already done well without him.

The exchange then became more personal, with Davido calling Wande “Mr Little 🍆” and Wande responding with “Mr. Toto beggar 😂.”

Davido’s latest comments add another layer to the disagreement, suggesting that Wande had attempted to establish direct contact before the exchange played out publicly.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *